|Dr. Lynn Samuel, medical staff chief, awards the |
Medical Staff Employee of the Year award to Tom Cobert,
first assist in the Surgical Services department
The physicians of the Medical Executive Committee at Fauquier Hospital named Tom Cobert, first assist in the Surgical Services department, as the 2015 Medical Staff Employee of the Year. Surgical first assistants work closely with surgeons to facilitate the procedure and process of surgery.
Every spring, the Medical Staff names a staffer who exhibits a commitment to service at Fauquier Hospital; sustains a high level of productivity and consistent quality of work; demonstrates a high degree of initiative in performance of responsibilities; displays exceptional dependability; maintains, demonstrates and exhibits effective relationships with others, excellence in customer service, innovative problem solving and improvement initiatives.
Dr. Lynn Samuel, medical staff chief, said that the choice was unanimous among the physician committee members. She relayed medical staff comments about Cobert:
- “He goes above and beyond, staying past his scheduled time and coming in on his days off.”
- “Tom is by far the most dependable and reliable person in this job I have worked with.”
- “His attention to detail is unprecedented. His anticipation of the next step in surgical procedures is exceptional.”
- “Tom is extremely friendly, polite and respectful to everyone, every time.”
- “He is a team player.”
- “Patients love Tom, consistently.”
- “He is an excellent problem solver.”
- “He is always enthusiastic, even with routine cases.”
- “Tom always does what he says he’ll do.”
Cobert said he was humbled by the recognition. “I am extremely honored to be receiving such an important award. I have faced several challenges on my way here, but each one of them has only strengthened me to make me the person I am today; a thorough professional who knows exactly what he wants, someone who sets his eyes on a goal and does not lose sight of it until it is achieved.
“This would not have been possible without the inspiration I have received from my seniors and my
very special colleagues, for whom I have the deepest respect, and from whom I have derived the strength to challenge myself and perform better at each stage.
“I sincerely thank each and every one of you at Fauquier Health for helping me reach a place where I can proudly hold up this award as a mark of my achievement. I also promise to only get better at my work so that I can continue to care for our community in the future. Thank you to all, most especially my family at home and Fauquier Health.”